Tuesday 8 April 2008

Max's Birthday

Today is Max's birthday. Well, at least we decided it is today, as nobody knows for sure.
We adopted him in October and he was about half a year, so we decided that his birthday was 6 month before we adopted him....

He had a lovely long walk today and now is happily chewing a bone.
He grew into a lovely and handsome dog. Not that I am biased at all ;)

He was found at the age of 4 month wandering the roads of Ireland, full or worms and terribly scared. He was brought over to Wiccaweys, where he went into a foster home.
I fell in love with his picture on the Wiccs website, but when we went up for a weekend to help, I was told that people where coming to meet him. So at least I had the chance to meet Max in the flesh....
He was a very scared puppy when we met and immediately attached himself to me.
The people who were thinking of adopting him then decided he is not the right dog for their circumstances....
So I was asked to look after him for the afternoon.....
And I just couldn't imagine to let go of him after that....
There was just the problem to convince Sarah and Paul, that I am the right home for him...

Well, the rest is history. he came home with us and I never regretted it. He is a lovely, but very sensitive dog. I have to be careful how to work with him, as he is easily shattered and so is his confidence...
Agility gave his confidence a real boost, if I teach him gently....

Here are some recent pictures of my handsome boy :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

His first rosette for a 3rd place in a UKA casual class (he didn't even went clear..... oops, but nice nevertheless :)
)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Leanne Hurren said...

Happy belated birthday Max!! He is gorgeous. Love your reds - we have a lilac boy who is a year at the end of the month