Tuesday 17 June 2008

Worrying times

On Sunday the 14th of June Luke started limping after the walk. It wasn't an extremely long or strainious walk, so I was wondering why.
On Monday morning I took him to the vet to get him checked out. The vet couldn't feel anything and send me home with Rymadil tablets.
In the afternoon the kids rang me at work that Luke had started vomiting blood. So back home and off to the vet again.
Poor Chadiga, it was her birthday and we seemed to spend it at the vet's. Anyway, the vet took n x ray and said his lung looks congested. By then Luke was anemic. So the vet referred us to the vet hospital. So off we went to Worthing.

They took Luke in and the kids and I went for a pizza as a birthday treat for Chadiga.

Anyway, Luke spent a few days in the hospital, the vet pretty quickly guessed that it is either rat poison or Lungworms, so started treating for both but nevertheless did more tests to be absolutely sure.

On Friday the got the results, Lungworms. When I looked it up it really fitted with all his symptoms.
Now he is back home and his usual bouncy self. Left me with a vet bill of £1200. I just hope and pray the insurance picks the bill up or I am in deep trouble.
On Sunday we went to sheepdog training. I really start to like this more and more. Luke was very full on and managed to blister his paws.

I really would like to try all dogs on sheep, but not sure I can afford that :-O

No comments: