Monday 6 April 2009

UKA Scrambles and spelling mistakes....

Ok, embarrassing things first.....

I was told I have lots of spelling mistakes in my blog. I want to apologise for those. I don't always re-read what I wrote, as I am sometimes in a hurry (most of the time in fact) beside, my keyboard is rather knackered and some letters don't work well (good excuse, don't you think???)

Maybe I should put a disclaimer, like: "all spelling mistakes made on purpose to see if you pay attention..." ;-)

Anyway, back to Agility....

We went to the UKA Scrambles show over the weekend. We were soooo lucky with the weather, though the Friday started a bit grim and grey....
We actually didn't want to go, but then through change in plans, dog related, as usual, we decided to go after all.

There were nice courses. But I felt completely unprepared. Being watched by my trainer didn't help either. Think that what "stage fright" must be like ;-)

We got eliminated in the Steeplechase, as I got so worked up about the "Snake" (FlickFlack for any northerners who might read this) in the course that I started getting hysterical when approaching it... Not like me really. Anyway, things fell apart then...

The Agility class was in the afternoon and though we got a clear, Max was very, very slow... I was wondering if he was tired or if he needed more motivation.... Or if he shouldn't have had the run around over lunch... To our surprise we found out that the round though slow, was not only clear, but a 6th place in the end.

Saturday was amazing. I had 3 runs and 3 clears.... of which were 2 places... In the Jumping I came 3rd (my first ever 3rd place with Max) and a 7th in the RC Qualifier Agility. The Agility course was rather tricky, as it was the same course for Beginners up to Champs.... There were 8 clear rounds in the Beginners classes....

Funny enough, I had a conversation with my daughter ring side, that I won't bring a cake to training (to celebrate) unless I have 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.... There you go, get the baking tray out again ;-)

Sunday it seems Max and I were tired... I didn't get it together. I couldn't even memorise the courses. I walked the Power and Speed and immediately had forgotten the course. When we ran it, I just ran according to what I thought was right... nd we went clear. Got another one in the Agility....

The highlight of the day though was my daughter having her first ever clear round and it even turned out to be a 3rd place... You should have seen her face. She was glowing... Sometimes I wish you could somehow capture those feelings and get them out when you feel low.... She was so happy. She managed 2 places over the weekend.... She was very proud and so was I. :-)

Alan was so nice to take a picture of Max in action and he sent it to me by email! Thanks Alan. The first ever Agility picture I have of Max....



No comments: