Saturday 18 July 2009

Jinxed it!

It seem, that with my last post I jinxed it. Newlands today and not a single clear round. Ok, it was mainly my fault...

Having been ill for a week didn't help. When I tried to run in the Agility class (first class of the day RO 1, thought that would be a good sign ;-) ) I realised that having been in bed for 4 days and being unable to eat anything for about 6 days didn't help running or concentrating.
Anyway, Max did a nice round in Agility and really went for it, until the last jump, when he spotted his lead and went for it without doing the last jump. Unfortunately I can only beat myself up, as I placed it in a rather visible place for him from the second to last jump.... Oh well...

In the jumping he did a nice round but knocked a pole. He worked ahead nicely and again I had real problem moving!

Next was the Helter Skelter. I had entered Luke in this class, hoping there were no weaves, and we were lucky, there were no weaves. A lovely flowing course with a few handling bits.

Luke jumped the first jump, then headed straight for a tunnel, funny enough, the tunnel entrance didn't even face him. so he had to run around the tunnel to get in.

When he came out I took him bet to jump No 2 and we started again. This time he was much more focused and finished the course nicely... He missed another couple of jumps, but stayed in the ring, jumped beautifully and tried to follow my "instructions".

Max had quite a high RO, so we had to wait a while.

Max ran very nicely again, worked ahead but took one jump too tight and knocked a pole...
It is so lovely to work him.... I really enjoy it and I enjoyed to run Luke too. I am looking forward to compete with the 2 of them.... Some time next year.....

Next week I have no show, so will have to find something to keep me busy ;-)

No comments: