Sunday 2 August 2009

Who would have thought......

...... that after all my moaning and terrible self pity things just stayed dull, but today it seems that Max and I had the right spirit and though we had an early running order in the Agility (No 7) it seems we had our act together and managed to come second. As I had an early run I didn't expect to stay there, but when I checked 2.5 hours later I was still second. I couldn't believe it and nearly started crying in the scorer's tent.... I know, I am a softy....

It was a nice show, yesterday I had 3 runs and 3 clear rounds (a 14th and a 17th place) and I just started being ok with that fact that due to my lack of speed I will not make any of the places with trophies any time soon.... I was proven wrong it seems. We were 1 second slower than the winner.... Not bad and I was close to tears the rest of the day.

We had lots of fun in the Pairs class and I messed up the Jumping, but nothing could spoil the day. The courses were all very nice and we had lots of fun.

We are slowly coming to the end of the season. This 2nd place really gave me some confidence that we can do it....

Beside, at the moment, outside of Agility, life seems to be mainly cr*p, so that made up for it a bit and gives me the highlights which keep me going! So thanks to Amanda Pigg (judge in the Agility class) for a lovely course ;-)

Here is the handsome Max with his rosette and our first ever trophy!

No comments: