Tuesday 18 December 2007

Anju Agility Show

last Sunday I took Jake and Max to the Anju Christmas Show.
I thought it would a good opportunity to run Max in a small show and especially as Leah allowed me to run him on medium heights. He still doesn't like full heights jumping.
Jake did quite well, in the first Agility run I forgot to send him into the tunnel again. Typical, my brain wasn't working....
He would have been clear, if I hadn't been such an idiot. Too early, my excuse anyway :)))
max was as usual so excited, that he was all over the place. He took a wrong jump in the Agility class and we were eliminated. But is contacts were really good and i was very proud of him.
In our second attempt Jake knocked a pole and max decided instead of going through the tunnel, he ran to the end to pick up his lead and tuck with it. When he came back he went the wrong way into the tunnel... Tough luck :))

In the jumping Jake was clear once. The other time he knocked a pole again.
Max was great in the jumping, but as the last jump was around a bend, just where the exit is, he waited at the gate to go, instead of completing the course. When I managed to get him back on the course he jumped the last jump the wrong way.
In his second attempt he was amazingly fast, till he passed by the exit gate again and the same happened again. Though this time he came back and jumped the last jump in the right direction. But I suppose we lost quite a lot of time through this and ended up with a course time of 24 seconds (even Jake was faster with 21) and I think the wining time was 16.58 or something like that. So we were far out.
But it was a nice show and a good experience.

I am looking forward to other events like this to get him used to work and not being so looney all the time.
I will try and enter him in "All sorts" classes next season to start with, to see if he can complete the course or head for the exit again ;-)

No comments: