Monday 6 October 2008

Mid Downs Show

Well, let's just forget about Mid Downs Show. The weather was awful and I wasn't even sure if I should go.
But I did in the end. Arrived too late, so missed walking the course. Chadiga came along to run Jake.
While waiting in the queue we got soaking wet, though wearing waterproofs.
Max did very well, but came out of the weaves one pole too early. That was a surprise, as he was excellent at last training.
Oh well, never mind. I probably didn't work him good enough.
Jake was just an Ar*e in the ring. Didn't do t al what Chadiga was saying.
as they broke for lunch then we decided to go home to get into some warm cloth. Not sure I wanted to return after being in the dry though.
After getting warm at home again I decided to go back. When we arrived the Jumping class came to and end, so I booked Jake and Max in, but told the caller and the ticket person that I have to go back and get Jake after my run with Max.
Anyway, Max knocked a pole, so I took him back, got Jake and when we came back the class was closed :(
I was a bit miffed as I told 2 people I will be back, but weather was bad and I expect everybody wanted to go home.

That was my last KC Show of the year. Now only a few unaffiliated ones. Training broke up for another 4 weeks, which is a shame as Luke just seem to get the hang of it. The garden is too muddy to train at the moment, so we have to wait for better weather. Yeah right.

This week I have booked another sheepdog session, that should be fun! :)

No comments: