Monday 13 October 2008

Reflection

The Agility season is over now and though I still have a few indoor shows, it feels very much s if the exciting Agility show time is gone.
We have break from training as well at the moment.

I am seriously considering to take Jake out of training. One is a financial aspect, as everything just gets so expensive, but as well, as I don't see an improvement in Jake. He has good days and bad days (like me really ;) )
I am sure he wouldn't do worse at shows without regular training. Maybe I let the kids run him from time to time to get some experience. On the other hand, he always looks for his mummy when he is in the ring with them.... So maybe not such a good choice after all.
Then there is Robbie, who does Agility, but without too much enthusiasm. He would be equally happy without it. He is not the fastest dog anyway and I just keep going with him to actually do something with him other than taking him for a walk.
He is not interested in sheep, so that rules that out....

All these decisions ;)

All in all this season was very nice, though we had the kennel cough and some shows were cancelled due to rain. But I feel like I have learned and awful lot and working with Max is so much different than working with Jake.
I had a few great training days. Would be nice to have the odd one during the winter, but we shall see.

Other than that, I really would like to spend some more time training some of my dogs at sheep, but it seems a very costly hobby, unless I would own some sheep :-O

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Ulla

I don't traing Dudley on a regular basis any more but might slot him in for 15 minutes every couple of months. I've found that this keeps him enthusiastic so you might find Jakes's the same.

Border Buddies said...

Thanks Paula, that is a good idea. I am sure that would be enough to keep him going and keep his interest. :)